Welcome to Ergonomics
Follow IEA on LinkedIn
21 Aug 2015
The Peruvian Society of Ergonomics and the Ergonomics Society of Venezuela became the 49th and the 50th Federated Societies of the IEA, respectively.
29 Aug 2015
On August 11, 2015, The IEA/Liberty Mutual Award, The IEA Fellowship, The IEA/Elsevier John Wilson Award, K.U. Smith Student Awards and six triennial IEA awards were presented at IEA2015, the 19th IEA Congress in Melbourne, Australia.
24 Aug 2015
The 19th IEA Congress in Melbourne, Australia ended successfully on August 14, 2015. Congratulations for the congress organizer and all participants.
23 Aug 2015
This is the first of newsletters from the 19th IEA Executive. It is a great privilege and honor to serve this group. New officers elected at the Council meeting in Melbourne (August 8th 2015) are:
Yushi Fujita, President
It was fortunate that we were able to organize a most capable Executive Committee very quickly. The appointed standing committee chairs and ex-officio executives are:
- President, Yushi Fujita (Japan)
- Vice President and Secretary General, Kathleen L. Mosier (USA)
- Vice President and Treasurer, Jose Orlando Gomes (Brazil)
The three elected officers, appointed standing committee chairs, and ex-officio executives constitute the IEA Executive Committee (EC).
- Awards Standing Committee Chair, Eric Min-yang Wang (Taiwan) – Past President
- Communications and Public Relations Standing Committee Chair, Michelle M. Robertson (USA)
- Development and Promotion Standing Committee Chair, Christina Jonsson (Sweden/Nordic)
- International Development Standing Committee Chair, Andrew Todd (South Africa)
- Professional Standards and Education Standing Committee Chair, Frederick Tey (Singapore)
- Science, Technology and Practice Standing Committee Chair, Christopher M. Schlick (Germany)
- IEA2018 Congress Chair, Sara Albolino (Italy)
- Historian, Ernst A.P. Koningsveld (Netherlands)
We recognize that there have been growing interests in human factors and ergonomics, especially in Latin America, Asia, and Africa. For the past few years a few have joined the IEA family from these regions; Tunisia (2014), Peru (2015), and Venezuela (2015). It is expected that more will be joining in coming years.
We also recognize an urgent need for changing ourselves such than we better meet rapidly changing social demands. We already have clear strategies, as documented in “Future of Ergonomics.” It is the time to implement the strategies quickly.
We are excited to serve the IEA in this very important moment in the history of the IEA. We will continue posting news on our activities.
Yushi Fujita, President
IEA Endorsed Events
- The IEA welcomes request for event endorsement. Use a form for application.
- The IEA welcomes request for endorsing certification programs of professional ergonomists or human factors specialists. Read detailed explanations for application.
Sustaining members are organizations or individuals who support the IEA through annual financial contributions. There are several categories of sustaining membership. You are cordially invited to become a Sustaining Member. Other forms of support to the IEA include Bequests by organizations or individuals, and Donations by individuals.